An applicant’s file must be complete prior to the deadline to be considered for an interview. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that all application items are received prior to the deadline, including transcripts and reference letters. Each application file must contain all of the following items.
- DNAP Program (CRNA Completion Degree Format) Application
(application form available on MTSA website, http://www.mtsa.edu/admissions/doctorate/ or go directly to NursingCAS, https://nursingcas.liaisoncas.com/applicant-ux/#/login)
- Application fee of $70 paid to NursingCAS
- Official Council on Certification of Nurse Anesthetists (CCNA) transcript from nurse anesthesia educational program
- Evidence of current active American Association of Nurse Anesthetists membership
- A copy of current APN/APRN license (if required in your state)
- A copy of the current APN/APRN license for each state in which the applicant currently holds an APN/APRN license, including the expiration date for each.
- A list of all states in which the applicant has ever held an APN/APRN license
- A copy of current RN license
- A copy of the current RN license for each state in which the applicant currently holds an RN license, including the expiration date for each.
- A list of all states in which the applicant has ever held an RN license
- Evidence of current CRNA practice setting
- A personal letter to the Admissions Committee
- A personal interview with the DNAP Program Admissions Committee is available only by invitation from the DNAP Program Screening Committee. Applicants should be prepared to discuss: reason for seeking a doctoral degree, reason for seeking a professional rather than a research degree, their concept/phenomenon of interest, and how MTSA faculty can support their educational goals.
- The letter should follow the guidelines listed on page 15 of this handbook.
- Three (3) professional references (must include at least one anesthesia provider)
- Please have correct and complete addresses and phone numbers listed on the application form, in the event MTSA needs to contact them for further recommendation or clarification.
- The applicant is responsible for contacting references with the two-page reference forms provided with the DNAP Program application form (reference form available at www.mtsa.edu). The waiver must be signed and dated with references returned directly to MTSA. The reference form is sent from NursingCAS and reference is uploaded to NursingCAS when completed.
- Official academic transcripts from every institution of higher learning attended
- This includes transcripts for all non-degree seeking academic courses taken since high school
- MTSA cannot accept transcripts stamped “Issued to Student.” The transcripts must be sent to NursingCAS directly from the institution.
- The anesthesia school (cumulative) grade point average must be at least 3.0 based on a 4.0 grading system.
- Transcripts must demonstrate that all general education curriculum required by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to earn the baccalaureate degree were met.
- Curriculum Vitae or resume
Submit all of the above items, including ALL reference letters and ALL transcripts) to NursingCAS prior to the admission deadline listed on the MTSA website.